Augusta, GA

 Good Morning All:

It took two days to travel from Newport News, VA to Augusta, GA.  We stopped for the night in Lumberton, NC.  Lydia and Early gave us a shorter, more beautiful route from Newport New to Augusta. The ride was beautiful and peaceful.  Virginia and North Carolina are beautiful and so many farms.

It took a few hundred miles but I finally identified what was being grown in many of the fields.  At first I thought it was soybeans but we saw a field that was about ready to harvest and it was cotton!  I didn't realize there were still so many farmers who grew cotton.

Since I last posted our granddaughter Avery turn 15!  Both my baby girls are now 15 and Victoria has her driver's permit.  I don't feel old until I look at the granddaughters and realize they will be in college soon.

Augusta is amazing.  Roy's been to Fort Gordon, GA a few times but I never have.  Andrew, another army friend for the last 30 years, has a very lovely home near Fort Gordon.  You can get lost in the house but it is very comfortable.

Andrew also took us out to dinner and they a tour around downtown Augusta and Fort Gordon.  Roy was in heaven reliving all the army school memories.

All my pictures are on my phone so I'll post pictures in just a few!

Love to all, Grandma and FunPop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Ft Stockton, Tx

Home

DC/Maryland